Online business owners are buzzing about Hotjar, the behavior analytics, website optimization and user feedback software that can track how visitors interact with their websites – and with good reason.
It’s because running a business online requires more than just an analytics tool that gathers important data on things like page traffic and bounce rate. Online business owners also need to know why some visitors don’t convert, so they want their analytics tool to tell them exactly where visitors are experiencing website issues that drive them away.
What is Hotjar tracking? It’s behavior analytics and website tracking software proven to be an effective way of measuring website user experience. Founded in 2014, Hotjar is designed to help you easily get user feedback. This suite of eight analytics tools uses session recordings, form and funnel analysis, surveys and heatmaps to deliver more in-depth data analysis with the flexibility to split test changes on your webpages.
Hotjar data also complements insights gleaned from traditional web analytics tools like Google Analytics, so you can take it all in, understand what’s happening on your site, find out what users want and act upon their feedback.
- People like using it. Hotjar is getting rave reviews from companies.
- It’s affordable. Unlike other technology that must be treated as an investment, Hotjar offers pricing you can live with and even has a free option.
- You get a unique Hotjar tracking code. You install it and it allows you to collect visitor data and send it back to Hotjar.
- It’s so simple to use. Setting up the entire suite of analytics tools is fast – and customer support is incredibly fast to respond, should you need help.
- The “on demand” report approach is smart. This allows for rapid changes and makes Hotjar ideal for fast-moving, lean organizations.
- Surveys give robust results. There’s nothing more effective than using your visitor’s actual thoughts and opinions to help guide your success.
- Hotjar is GDPR-ready. It can help you understand and interpret user behavior anonymously, without personally identifying individual users.
Benefits of Using Hotjar on Your Website
You get clear and visual data points about what’s happening on your site to understand your user behavior. Using heatmaps and recordings, you can experience your website through your users’ eyes.
You get context about why people behave the way they do. With the various surveys and incoming feedback, you can complete the visual insight into user experience with learning the drivers that lead people to your site, the barriers that stop them and the hooks that convince them to do something.
You get insights quickly without requiring a steep learning curve. Setup is as easy as installing one tracking code snippet on your website – which will put no strain on your development resources.
Understand and Improve Your Website Experience
According to Hotjar, you can actually do these 23 things (and more) after running Hotjar on your site:
- Compare taps and clicks before and after tweaks to your user experience.
- Remove or rethink ignored content.
- Align page copy to the same words used by your visitors in their feedback.
- See which type of imagery works best.
- Know whether your calls-to-action are attracting attention.
- Ask customers what made them nearly not convert.
- Translate common feedback comments into FAQs.
- Give your clients or boss proof of what works or not.
- Challenge internal misconceptions and best practices.
- Overhaul forms to generate more leads.
- Restructure layout based on visitors’ objections.
- Test what content works best above the fold.
- Understand why test pages do not beat the control.
- Learn what content to move higher or lower on the page.
- Uncover distracting elements that you should remove.
- Filter out noise from unqualified user tests.
- Speak directly to visitors before they leave the page.
- Prioritize where to test first by identifying big opportunities.
- Identify what new content you need to add to the page.
- Confirm your hypothesis before creating new elements.
- Generate new A/B test ideas.
- Collect valuable testimonials from customers.
- Improve your UX on different screen resolutions.
Do you want to convert new customers, develop lifelong client relationships and make the most of your ad dollars. Demand Machine can help.
We combine our world-class digital strategies, content marketing and paid media management with an in-depth look at how your brand operates, what sets you apart and how to best help you grow.
Want to see what we can do for you? We’re ready and waiting. Contact us today!